The tools that make these attacks possible and stimulate the black market are called illegal activity software, and these include bots, Trojans and spyware.
There are countless threats in the internet, but this should not limit the use of this technology to make everyday tasks easier. The key is to take certain precautions in order to surf the Net safely.
Some of these precautions to reduce risks when surfing the internet are:
- Create secure passwords an keep them safe
- Be aware for possible fake emails.
- Avoid visiting fraudulent websites used to phish for personal information using spyware.
- Do not trust “freeware” and Internet freebies.
- Protect your device with antivirus and antimalware software.