A website for “Smart webmasters” published a guide that teaches how to disappear from the internet in nine steps. If you’ve ever wanted to escape modern technology, to wipe your name from internet’s records and live a simpler life but didn’t know how to do it, now you can, as it has been thoroughly described on whoishostingthis.com.
Thanks to this nine-step guide, people who worry about their personal information being available online can now “pull the plug” to eliminate all of their personal information from the web, shutting down social media profiles, email addresses, search engine results and phonebook listings, and so, disappearing from the web without leaving a trace.
This is what you need to do:
- Eliminate all social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
- Do a search and eliminate other accounts you had forgotten about, such as MySpace and Bebo.
- Post false information on accounts that can’t be closed.
- Unsubscribe from email distribution lists.
- Request search engines to eliminate all results that mention you.
- Get in touch with the ‘webmasters’ and ask them to eliminate any information about you that you can’t erase without their help.
- Ask data compensation centers –companies that buy and sell your information– to eliminate from their records anything related to you.
- Request the elimination of your personal information from phone guides and online directories.
- Eliminate all email accounts.
Source: Correo del Orinoco