Municipality classification by risk:
- Red zones: El Hatillo, Sucre and Libertador.
- Yellow zone: Baruta.
- Orange zone: Chacao.
The following sectors and roads are considered “high-risk”:
Sambil Mall, Milenium Mall, shortcut of Urb. El Cigarral, Colegio Claret roundabout, Av. Principal de El Arroyo, Av. Principal Macaracuay, Av. Principal Los Chaguaramos, Av. Principal La Boyera Gas Station, after PDVSA, areas surrounding CCCT with exits to Francisco Fajardo freeway, access routes to Av. Boyaca (Cota Mil) from Chacao, Sucre and Libertador, Filas de Mariche sector, Autopista Regional del Centro (particularly between Valencia and Pto. Cabello, Guacara and Maracay), Caracas-La Guaira freeway (particularly between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m.), Gran Mariscal de Ayacucho freeway (Caracas-Guarenas), areas surrounding the bus station during the day and at night between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m.
Cities with higher risk for armed robbery, kidnapping and murder:
Altos Mirandinos, Maracaibo, Valencia, Puerto La Cruz Axle, Barcelona, Maturin, El Tigre.
- Keep a low profile (don’t wear flashy jewelry, etc.).
- Avoid moving around in high-risk areas during the night.
- Plan your personal and family moves with preventive criteria.
- Pass this information along to as many people as you can (family, friends, coworkers, etc.).