The Bolivarian National Guard Anti-extortion and Kidnapping Commando (CONAS – GNB) has made some recommendations to avoid becoming a victim of extortion or kidnapping. Here are the ten most important tips:
- Don’t give your financial information to friends or relatives.
- Don’t use relationships to identify relatives in your mobile device, use their names.
- Never expose personal information on social networks, use security settings.
- Avoid entering information in shared computers, especially in internet cafes.
- Guide your family so they are not naïve informants by avoiding talking about their recreational activities or the goods they own.
- Don’t frequent the same public places.
- Try not to brag about what you have; proving you’re wealthy will only catch the attention of unscrupulous people.
- Change your routes to work or back home to prevent kidnapping or extortion.
- Stay alert on the road, at Banks and nightlife establishments.
- If you become a victim of extortion or kidnapping, report to the a
Source: CONAS – GNB